Calling All Grosse Pointe Book Clubs
The Friends of the Grosse Pointe Library is still looking to identify the many Book Clubs in Grosse Pointe. Our first project was to do a feature article on a Grosse Pointe book club describing what the book club is reading, how long they have been in existence and displaying a photo of the members.
Read about these Book Clubs
If you would like to be considered for a feature story, please call 343-2074 ext. 204 and leave a message with your contact information or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Books and Authors is a database to help you decide what to read next. Search by character, topic, setting, time period, genre, title, author, and series. Includes over 140,000 titles, 50,000 authors, and thousands of read-alike, award winner, and librarian’s favorite’s lists. Titles include both fiction and non-fiction. Michigan residents or Michigan library access only. Read more
- The Hennepin County Library in Minnesota has one of the best links to books, audio-books, ebooks, music and movies that will be published in the future. Click here to check out this wonderful site to get ideas for what to read next year.
- Ideas on how to begin and lead a book discussion group. Read more
- Peggy’s Picks is a wonderful collection of book recommendations made by our own local gem, Grosse Pointe Library staffer, Peggy Kitchel. Read More
- The Grosse Pointe Library has close to 40 Book Kits containing 8 – 13 paperback copies of the book, background information on the author, book reviews and suggested questions to enhance your group discussion? Just another one of the amazing services offered by the Grosse Pointe Libraries. Some of the wonderful book kits featured include: The Book Thief, The Road, Middlesex, Home, and The State of Wonder. Read more
If you don’t have enough copies of the book for your book club, check out the Friends Down Under Bookstore in the basement of the Woods Branch. You may find a copy for $1.00
Friends Don’t Let Friends Read Alone!