Donations should be dropped off at the Woods Branch Library during library hours.
Tax-deductible forms are available at the Circulation Desk.
We do accept:
- Fiction and non-fiction books in very good, clean condition
- Children’s books
- DVD Videos
- Music CD’s
- Books on CD
- Newer computer games and software
We do not accept:
- Reader’s Digest
- Time/Life or Newsweek book sets
- Record albums
- Book Club novels from 1930’s – 1990’s
- Items in poor condition
- Books left over from book sales or stores
- Discarded Library Books
- Books on Tape
- VHS Tapes
- Books must be in boxes or bags and left in the containers.
- You must bring in the books yourself. The Library Staff cannot help, but they will provide you with rolling carts to transport the books from your car.
- If you have a large quantity of books, call our Friends phone line and leave a message. 313.343.2074, x. 204. We will return your call.
Other places that may accept books we do not:
- Friends of the Hazel Park Library, Barbara Winter, 248.544.1439.
- Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit, 3111 Grand River Ave., Detroit, 734.981.1692.
- Salvation Army, 31015 Harper, St. Clair Shores, 586.541.0397.
- St. Clare de Montefalco School, 16231 Charlevoix, Grosse Pointe Park, 313.647.5100.
Books that no one will accept:
- Paperbacks, not hardbacks, can be put in aper recycle bins at most GP schools and churches.
- Hardbacks can be taken to Royal Oak Waste Paper and Metal Co., www.royaloakrecycling.com